We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

current weather?

New Jersey, US
Level Contributor
172 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
current weather?

Hi - we're going to be near Bern this coming week (then Prague, then Erfurt, Germany). I'm trying to pack and wanted to know if anyone could tell me what the weather is like there? We're in the middle of quite a heat wave here so I have shorts and sandals ready but I have a feeling it's probably cooler there.

thanks in advance.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,647 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: current weather?

Hi, you can get ten day reports on weather.com but it's very difficult, as you know, for any meteorologist to predict with accuracy the weather for ten days in advance! Pack so you can wear layers and I would skip the sandals except for dinner unless you know you can walk long distances in the them without pain and/or blisters. Additionally, shorts are not allowed in some churches in Europe so if you are hoping to see many churches, you might want to pack a wrap around skirt you can put over your shorts. Same for halter tops - you may wish to have a shirt with you to put over bare tops. The interior of a lot of buildings can be very cool even when the weather outside is quite warm - the old stone walls are great for keeping them cool. I wear linen or similar trousers with very comfortable walking flats, a lightweight top and if it's a sleeveless top, I carry a sleeved top I can put over it if I need to do so.

Hope this helps.

Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
Level Contributor
3,102 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: current weather?

We had a heat wave too, but it looks like it's over. Forecasts say that it will be changeable weather this week with day temperatures around 20 C. I always check the following link. Their forecast is about the most reliable one, but it's always difficult to predict the weather here, especially in the mountains.

www.meteoschweiz.admin.ch/web/en/weather.html

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
37,590 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: current weather?

Oller is right - this week should be variable and cool. But next week looks much better in that there should be less rain and warmer temperatures!!

A good thing to remember is that in the mountains, if it is sunny, it always feels warmer than the air temperature indicates AND the risk of sun burn is much higher than on the plain!

4. Re: current weather?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2011, 07:21