We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for alternative to Bern hotels

Which Bern hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
42 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for alternative to Bern hotels

We would like to visit Bern before a 5 night stay in Murren. Originally we wanted to stay in the old town but hotels are $400. We are traveling by train.

Would you suggest we just "buckle up" and pay it for the convenience or stay in Murten or another smaller town?

Haverhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for alternative to Bern hotels

Have a look at www.accor.com for three hotels of this chain which are a little way out of the centre but on tram route 9 the journey takes about 12 minutes to Bern Hbf and about 3 minutes to Bern Wankdorf suburban station.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,419 posts
321 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for alternative to Bern hotels

Have a look at Air BnB or VRBO. We've booked an apartment in the Old Town for a week in early August, we are paying just over $200US/night.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
32,866 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for alternative to Bern hotels

Have you used the Bern Tourist Office website to search for hotels? I ask because just the other day someone asked me about a hotel in Bern - in the historic centre - and I found one that was 250frs/night including breakfast. www.bern.com You can filter results by cost per night.

If you only have one night in Bern I would not stay in Morat (Murten). Too far out. I am sure you can find something right in the centre though.

4. Re: Looking for alternative to Bern hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Bern
Recent Conversations