We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchange Place

Which Geneva hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fuengirola, Spain
Level Contributor
35 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
Exchange Place

Hi there..

Can anyone advise me where are the best places to exchange the money and get a better rate than the Banks or Hotels in the city center of Geneva?

Many thanks.

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,414 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exchange Place

I always use a debit card and withdraw money from ATMs.

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
32 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exchange Place

Never really use them myself but the general advice for Switzerland is to use the exchanges inside the train stations as they offer the best rates. Failing that there is one opposite the station that always seems to have people waiting, so I guess it must have good rates.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,129 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exchange Place

Absolutely use ATMs unoless your bank has very high fees - it is definitely the best exchange rate. I agree the train station has good rates in their office as well but they are not as good as using an ATM.

Fuengirola, Spain
Level Contributor
35 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Exchange Place

Thanks for your suggestion guys...

5. Re: Exchange Place

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 19:18