We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Geneva to Moutiers

Wakefield UK
Level Contributor
24 posts
39 reviews
Train Geneva to Moutiers

Hi, can anyone advise how easy it is to get a train from Geneva airport to Moutiers? my sons Uni have cocked up on dates [exams] so need a later flight and can only get him into Geneva.

Thanks

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
18,247 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Train Geneva to Moutiers

Hi, you can get all the train timetables in English on the Swiss Rail website

www.sbb.ch/en

You can put in Geneva Airport as the departure as there is a station in the airport.

It looks to be very straightforward for your son.

Edited: 05 October 2010, 00:44
Canton of Valais...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
43,134 posts
201 reviews
2. Re: Train Geneva to Moutiers

Do you mean Moutiers in France (ski resort) or Moutier which is in Switzerland (in the Jura).

this makes quite a difference. Moutier (BE) is easy to get to by Swiss train. Moutiers (F) is far more complicated and the best thing would most likely be a limo service. If this latter than get on to the Tourist Office in Moutiers and ask them for their list of transfer companies. Be careful - if Alpybus is on the list do not choose them. There have been some really bad comments about their service on these Forums!

bern
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
3. Re: Train Geneva to Moutiers

If you mean the French Moutiers:

It's possible to go there by train.

go to www.sbb.ch/en and put

from Geneva, airport

to Moûtiers-Salins-Brides-les-Bai

Wakefield UK
Level Contributor
24 posts
39 reviews
4. Re: Train Geneva to Moutiers

Hi, thanks for the replies.

Sorry for the confusion its Moutiers French Alps to get to Meribel

Canton of Valais...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
43,134 posts
201 reviews
5. Re: Train Geneva to Moutiers

With trains there is a lot of changing... first at Geneva main station then Champéry, then Albertville. Best way is bus straight from the airport. Especially if you have ski gear.

Here is a link to information about the winter schedules of busses. Time taken is around 3 hours and cost around EUR75.

…meribel.net/fileadmin/PDF/hiver/7_annexes/t…

London
Level Contributor
25 posts
6. Re: Train Geneva to Moutiers

Hi, which is best priced bus company to get from geneva to Val thoren. We arrive on a thurs night and come back sunday night?

Thanks for your help

A

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
18,247 posts
9 reviews
7. Re: Train Geneva to Moutiers

Hi, I suggest you start a new thread with the subject "Bus Geneva to Val Thorens" as this will let people know what information you need. I don't know the answer but others do.

Hope you get lots of good information.

London
Level Contributor
25 posts
8. Re: Train Geneva to Moutiers

Thanks will do

Canton of Valais...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
43,134 posts
201 reviews
9. Re: Train Geneva to Moutiers

And I suggest you post this on the Val Thorens board, on the French Forums... people interested only in Switzerland will not have the info you are seeking whereas those who live or ski regularly in Val Thorens will know!!

London
Level Contributor
25 posts
10. Re: Train Geneva to Moutiers

Yes I will. Bit thrown as I always ski in Switzerland but for a change and as we are going late, Val Thorens is the plan! Appreciate your help, think we have got it sorted now anyway - booked the airpot bus transfer 130 euros return