We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Geneva/Geneva Airport to other Swiss destinations

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,716 posts
539 reviews
Save Topic
Geneva/Geneva Airport to other Swiss destinations

When travelling from Geneva Airport or Geneva down town to other Swiss venues, in most of the cases, public transport is the best solution, and notably the great Swiss Rail system. All the schedules and prices are available on http://www.sbb.ch/en/. And this includes buses, boats and sometime even cable cars (when they liaise two places). Tickets can also be bought on-line.

From the airport, input "Geneva-Airport" as departure station. It is located right to the left when exiting the airport's main terminal. Tickets can be bought either at one of the machines (card & cash payments are possible) at the station or at the ticket booth (when attended).

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
4 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Geneva/Geneva Airport to other Swiss destinations

My daughter and I will be arriving in Geneva around 2pm a week from Monday, and need to take a train to Friburg directly upon landing. I'm reluctant to buy tickets online since the trains seem to go frequently and it's hard to predict how long it will take us to get our luggage and get through customs, but at the same time I'm worried there may not be tickets available and/or it will be difficult to figure out how to purchase them in our jet-lagged condition.

Is this a reasonable concern, or should we just plan to buy them on the spot?

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,974 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Geneva/Geneva Airport to other Swiss destinations

It simply doesnt matter when you buy a ticket -it is not issued for a particular train, and the only way for tickets not tobe available is if the printer runs out of paper. Which is hardly a concern.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
4 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Geneva/Geneva Airport to other Swiss destinations

Thank you for your help!

4. Re: Geneva/Geneva Airport to other Swiss destinations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2014, 07:17