We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo questions

Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
341 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Solo questions

I will be joining my husband for 3 days in Geneva the first week of October. He will be working all day on Tuesday and Wednesday so I will be going it alone. Does anyone have any specific advice, warnings, etc for a solo female tourist? Thank you.

KeyTours S.A.
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
CERN Univers de particules
Science Museums, Sightseeing Tours
Geneve Roule
Sightseeing Tours
Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo questions

I've traveled solo for many years now ilsaocon, and all I would say is be aware of your surroundings, take care in the towns an d cities of your possesions, I'm thinking here purse and passport. In my opinion when you are out and about look as if you know where you are going, even if you don't. I usually get a map of the town and study it when I have a coffee break or meal, and above all don't worry. The main places I feel slightly concerned and it's never more than that are the busy train stations Berne and Zurich spring to mind. Just watch for people getting close and invading your space.

But above all enjoy your few days traveling solo.

Mentioned in this post
Berne
Berne
2 Reviews
Geneva, Switzerland
Zurich
Zurich
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
341 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo questions

Thank you!

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,975 posts
607 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo questions

No worries to have, as long common sense rules are applied. Geneva is somewhat a large city that is facing nuisances (such as pick-pocket) like in any other. What to do? Have a look at:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188057-c127289/Genev…

Enjoy Geneva!

4. Re: Solo questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2014, 06:21