We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What area to stay in?

ct
11 posts
Save Topic
What area to stay in?

My husband and I are going to be in Geneva for 3 days in early June. We are looking for place to stay on airbnb and homeaway.comb. Which area you recommend we stay in? Right Bank or Left Bank? It sounds like the city is easy to walk in so I'm not sure it will really matter.

Thanks for any info.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,698 posts
539 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What area to stay in?

Yes, the city is easy to walk. Left bank is in generally seen as being a bit better. On the right bank, avoid the "Paquis" area (red light district) unless you find something on the lake shore.

2. Re: What area to stay in?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2014, 06:20