We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good local gifts to purchase??

Which Geneva hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seville, Spain
Level Contributor
75 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
good local gifts to purchase??

Hello!

I was planning on buying some cuckoo clocks while in Geneva and just recently discovered those are actually a German based product! Any recommendations as to easily accessible items that are unique to Geneva/Switzerland and where to buy them??

Thank you!

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,423 posts
474 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good local gifts to purchase??

I am afraid the only places I know are tourists shops. So nothing really local, to my knowledge.

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good local gifts to purchase??

What about these?

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g188057-i389-k40…

Raleigh, North...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: good local gifts to purchase??

Hi..

My husband and i will arrive in Geneva on Thursday, and have to be back to Geneva airport on Monday. Quick trip...suggestions on places to go from Geneva? We don't ski, but want one fun night doing the tobaggan, sleigh rides or some other winter fun. Thanks!

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good local gifts to purchase??

Best to start a new thread, as this one is about buying gifts in Geneva.

Pasadena, CA
Level Contributor
12 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: good local gifts to purchase??

We lived in Geneva for many years. There are boutiques that sell beautiful table linens, and other types of embroidered items. Also pewter ware. A châne is a typical swiss pitcher for carrying wine. Each canton has its own unique one. They come in small to large sizes and in pewter or silver. You can check Christofle (I think that is the name). If you are flying out of Geneva, chocolate from one of the chocolateries is a good gift. There are many good ones, but we the Chocolaterie du Rhone is considered one of the best. If looking for something for kids, Caran d'Ache is a Geneva company that makes high quality colored pencils and other art supplies. There are also painted cowbells (come in many sizes) and embroidered blouses. Ihope this helps. The store Manor used to have a good "tourist" section with such items. There are many tourist stores up and down the Rue du Mont Blanc. There are also shops in the underground mall at the main CFF train station.

6. Re: good local gifts to purchase??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2015, 07:17