We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Geneva only or Geneva plus other cities in 10 days

Which Geneva hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Quezon City...
1 post
Save Topic
Geneva only or Geneva plus other cities in 10 days

My wife and I will travel to Geneva on April 1-11, 2014 to celebrate my 60th birthday. What other places / cities should we go to maximize this trip? Is 2-3 days each in Bern and Zurich also a good side trip for our age?

We'll appreciate your comments/tips.

Efren Lapus

efrenlapus@yahoo.com

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,410 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Geneva only or Geneva plus other cities in 10 days

Much of Swtizerland's beauty are in the mountains and lakes. Large cities like Zurich and Geneva serve as a launching pad and a transport hub to start/end your trip. You might elect to spend a day or two at them, but head to other places for the best of what the country has to offer. Much of the country is easily accessible by train via the excellent public transport network. Get a Switzerland guidebook and start reading.

Don't post your email address in a public forum. You will get spammed to death in no time.

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Geneva only or Geneva plus other cities in 10 days

I agree. I think it would be nice to spend a couple of days in Geneva, but then move on. What sort of holiday were you hoping to have? Do you like historic towns/cities/mountain villages? What kinds of things do you like to do?

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,425 posts
474 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Geneva only or Geneva plus other cities in 10 days

To inspire you:

myswitzerland.com/en-ch/…summervacations.html

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188057-s407/Geneva:S…

4. Re: Geneva only or Geneva plus other cities in 10 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2015, 06:20