We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Half Day in Geneva and travelling to Lucern the next day

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Save Topic
Half Day in Geneva and travelling to Lucern the next day

Hi everyone,

My wife and I will be travelling to Swiss for our 1st time this coming May. We shall stop over at Geneva 1 night before we plan for our trip to Lucern and Interlaken.

We will be arriving at Geneva at noon and I am thinking of staying in one of the hotel in the city and quickly plan a 1/2 tour within the city. If we to stay in a hotel, I shall be getting a Geneva Transport Card where we will be enjoying the transportation in Geneva free and without any hassle.

How shall we start, since we have such a short time. Will a boat trip a good part of the itinerary? If yes the where to start? We can use the Transport Card, right?

Appreciate you guys view.

Thanks

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
35,677 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Half Day in Geneva and travelling to Lucern the next day

You might take a look at this which will probably answer your questions!

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g188057-c127289/Gen…

For hotels - use the www.geneva-tourism-com site. They have a search engine and you can sort by date, price etc and make your booking on the site. Very useful and good discounts too.

The Geneva Mobility card does NOT include boat trips except for those on the "Mouettes" in the harbour itself. (Small boats that criss-cross the harbour). the CGN boats (lake steamers etc) are not covered with the transport pass. You will have to buy tickets to travel on the larger boats. Get them either before boarding on the quai or onthe boat itself. First class tickets provide better views as the First class is upstairs.

2. Re: Half Day in Geneva and travelling to Lucern the next day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2015, 05:18