We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A day in Geneva

TORONTO
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
A day in Geneva

Hi,

We are a family of 3 adults. Will be arriving from Nice to Geneva on 25th August at about noon.

Arriving in Geneva at about 12pm at the airport.

Plan: Take a free transport ticket and ride to town and walk around old town & visit UN and IRC. Leave for Interlaken late evening where we are based for the next 2 days.

Questions: where can we leave our luggage in Geneva? We plan to take the local train to Interlaken. Heard we cannot make reservations, will that be ok since we plan to take the last train?

Thank you for your time and effort in answering so many questions. We get very valuable infiormation here.

Nisha

Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: A day in Geneva

There will be lockers at Geneva station (I haven't used them there so I don't know the location.) Yes just catch the train when you are ready to move on to Interlaken

TORONTO
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: A day in Geneva

Thank you.

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A day in Geneva

Hi ! I can answer some part. Though i haven't used the lockers at Geneva, i have recently used one at Zurich airport. They are located on the floor which houses the Swiss Rail counters. These are self operated lockers and we could keep our two big suitcases in them for 4-5 hrs. Costed CHF 9.

You do not need any reservations on trains to Interlaken. Just take the ticket and hop on. You will have to change once. Pl check the site sbb.ch.

Advice you not to take the last train unless you have a plan B.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,464 posts
508 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A day in Geneva

You can of course leave your luggage at Geneva main train station:

sbb.ch/en/…bahnhof-finden.posid.1008.html

Or you can use the SBB luggage service ("Fly Rail Baggage" to Interlaken and "Check-in at the railstation" from Interlaken):

sbb.ch/en/…baggage.html

Swiss train schedules and price (ne reservation required):

http://www.sbb.ch/en

Edited: 18 June 2014, 09:11
5. Re: A day in Geneva

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2015, 05:17