We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

City break to Switzerland

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
City break to Switzerland

I want to make a trip to Switzerland for a week, which cities are the best to visit?

Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: City break to Switzerland

Welcome Devikka two questions so that we can really help. When are you intending to go to Switzerland and secondly why the cities? I would suggest that even in the winter you would be better off going to the smaller towns or villages so that you can see the wonderful scenery.

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: City break to Switzerland

Hi Devikka !

Just work out your rough-cut itinerary after surfing the net and put it on this forum. I am sure you will get very good suggestions, on your pointed and specific queries. And, yes Swisslover is right, the beauty is in the Alps - small villages and towns in the mountains. Leave out cities like Zurich, Geneva etc. Go towards Lucerne, Wengen, Murren, Lauerbrunnen etc. Try to keep max 2 bases.

I had two, in Interlaken and in Lausanne.

Ultimately your choice.

3. Re: City break to Switzerland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2015, 06:15