We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip to Chamonix with tour company

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
44 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trip to Chamonix with tour company

I will be in Geneva for several days in late September and would like to plan a few day trips, after seeing Geneva. I know I can take a train on my own to Chamonix, but I am considering a tour so that I do not have to navigate on my own to the ice caves, the tram up the mountain, etc.....Considering Viator.com but have never used them....their prices look high but what isn't in Switzerland? Looking for anyone who has used Viator for this tour or any other day trips from Geneva...Thanks

CERN Univers de particules
Science Museums, Sightseeing Tours
Geneve Roule
Sightseeing Tours
KeyTours S.A.
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,771 posts
538 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trip to Chamonix with tour company

I don't know viator. The best I think would be to contact Chamonix tourist office (that is by the way in France):

Destination Expert
for Verbier
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trip to Chamonix with tour company

Aren't viator an agent? Hard to know which actual tour company they use - and presumably you're paying a mark-up.

BTW, some things aren't expensive in Switzerland... But anything that requires labour - like paying someone to tour you around - is very expensive. Fortunately, it's avoidable because it's a very easy place to tour. Including Chamonix, which isn't in Switzerland!

3. Re: Day Trip to Chamonix with tour company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2015, 05:17