We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Leysin using free transport card?

Newport, Wales...
2 posts
Save Topic
Getting to Leysin using free transport card?

Hey guys, so I want to get to Leysin from Geneva airport.

I'm wondering if I use the free transport ticket to go as far as I can towards Leysin, what station will be the last one in geneva where I'll have to purchase a ticket for the rest of the journey...Am i making sense?

Also how much will one way adult (22 yr old) be from that station to Leysin?

Any help with half board accommodation would be good too!

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
37,590 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Leysin using free transport card?

Last station you can use this card for is: Geneva main station. If you want to go to Leysin then you need a ticket to Leysin. You can get all the train fares on www.sbb.ch/en Be careful though because the "default" fare is the Half Fare Card one which most of us (Swiss) have. Double it and it will be what you pay in 2nd class.

For accomodation in Leysin (why Leysin BTW?) use their Tourist Office website.

Newport, Wales...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Leysin using free transport card?

Well i wanted somewhere close to geneva but with mountainous views. I like cable cars and also hiking alot. If theres anywhere else you could recommend closer to geneva i'd appreciate it.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
37,590 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Leysin using free transport card?

If I were you I would go to Villars sur Ollon. It isn't a lot further - about 10 mins more travel - but it is very very pretty village with a real centre and character neither of which Leysin has. Leysin was a TB centre years ago and has a lot of "tower blocks" - old sanatoria - some of which have been converted into schools etc. Even their own Tourist Office could not tell me what they considered to be the centre of the village! Villars on the other hand has "identity" and is charming. For both you change at Aigle. Leysin - take the cog railway up Villars - post bus right from the Aigle station. Wonderful walking from Villars - you can in fact walk over to les Diablerets.

4. Re: Getting to Leysin using free transport card?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2015, 05:16