We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Lucerne

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Topic
Hotel in Lucerne

I am looking for a centrally located hotel in Lucerne that also offers great views of the lake/mountains. I would even really like to have a little sitting balcony of the room (I just need a double room though). Here's the problem...It can't break the bank. I would like to keep it under $200 a night. Any ideas? I was thinking about the Hotel Seeburg possibly...

canada
Level Contributor
7,460 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Lucerne

The hotel rates in Lucerne fluctuates greatly with season. Each one may have a slightly different definition of season. You have to poke each one individually. Try to use each hotel´s own website for booking. E.g. if you can´t get Seeburg, try its smaller neighbor, Maria.

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,092 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Lucerne

Hi angelsweetness,

One thing you could do is head to one of the towns along the lake instead of Luzern. I once stayed in Weggis for four days and loved its quiet atmosphere. Hotels along the lake will be far less expensive. Try both Weggis and Vitznau

www.weggis.ch

www.vitznau.ch

You can commute to Luzern either by ferry or by bus/train combination.

Have fun!

s

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
13,212 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in Lucerne

Hi angelsweetness,

You can look after 3 star + hotels at this page hotels.luzern.com/luzern/english/search.htm… if it is for this winter. In summer the prices will be higher.

The "Balm" ( http://www.balm.ch/index.php?lang=E ) got a great review these days. There is a bus stop in front of it and you are in Lucernes city center within 10 minutes by bus no. 23 which brings you directly to the railway station.

An other option is the "Des Alpes" ( a 3* Hotel) in walking distance from the railway station in the old town of Lucerne ( www.desalpes-luzern.ch/index.cfm?Page=H05 ). Some rooms have balconies.

A cheaper option, but no balconies would be the Pickwick ( hotelpickwick.ch/english/10_room_rates.php ) next to the "Des Alpes". Look at hotelpickwick.ch/english/10_room_rates.php

You will find more nice hotels at www.luzern.org

I hope this helps

pore

Howick, South Africa
Level Contributor
781 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in Lucerne

We stayed in the Pickwick two years ago and our room did have a small balcony overlooking the river and lake - not all rooms have balconies though but I requested one when booking.

It's within very easy walking distance from the railway station. The room was OK but nothing special - it's appeal to us was it's reasonable price and it's location.

5. Re: Hotel in Lucerne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2010, 05:17