We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luzern to Engelberg travel - is it covered in Swiss pass

Which Engelberg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Luzern to Engelberg travel - is it covered in Swiss pass

Hi,

I am planning to visit Engelberg in September. I would be to stay in Engelberg for 3 nights but would be frequently travelling to Luzern by train.

Can you please let me know if Luzern to Engelberg journey is covered in Swiss pass?

I checked on sbb.ch (Swiss pass map of validity) and as per them there is a dotted red line from some village(not sure which though) till Engelberg. Not sure if Engelberg is covered by Swiss pass or one has to pay 50%?

Can anyone who has travelled on Swiss pass please confirm?

Many Thanks,

Kedar

Haverhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luzern to Engelberg travel - is it covered in Swiss pass

Yes the line is valid with the Swiss Pass. This year is the 50th anniversary of the railway connection to Luzern. www.zentralbahn.ch

Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,725 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Luzern to Engelberg travel - is it covered in Swiss pass

The Swiss Pass is usually valid to any place of permanent habitation on Switzerland, ie, it is valid to Wengen and Grindelwald but not Kleine Scheidegg if you are going to Jungfraujoch. I know this is not what you asked but |i use it as an example.

Sharjah, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luzern to Engelberg travel - is it covered in Swiss pass

The dotted red line is a tunnel. It is actually a dashed line. It is completely free with swiss pass.

8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Luzern to Engelberg travel - is it covered in Swiss pass

Thank you very much all for your responses.

Cheers

KT

Mumbai (Bombay...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Luzern to Engelberg travel - is it covered in Swiss pass

Hi, I plan to visit Switzerland in May for 5days and will be taking the swiss pass. Can someone please help me with the following queries:

1. Does swiss pass cover airport transfer from geneva to grindlewald

2. I plan to cover Mt.tiltis and Harderklum on the same day and would like to know how reach Harderklum from mt. titlis

Thanks

Wengen, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
4,503 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Luzern to Engelberg travel - is it covered in Swiss pass

1. Yes. Of course. the Swiss Pass covers _all_ public transport.

2. The answer to any question to the type "how do I get from A to B in Switzerland" can be found on www.sbb.ch.

However, Harder Kulm and Titlis on the same day? I wouldn't do this. Don't plan things to much in to details either. The weather will determine what you do...

Mumbai (Bombay...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Luzern to Engelberg travel - is it covered in Swiss pass

Hi

Oh.k . Thanks a lot for the help.

Mumbai (Bombay...
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Luzern to Engelberg travel - is it covered in Swiss pass

Hi

Could you also let me know which panoramic train ride is free of cost with the swiss pass ?

Wimborne, United...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
5,546 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Luzern to Engelberg travel - is it covered in Swiss pass

All 'panoramic trains' are covered by the Swiss Travel Pass. Some, such as the Glacier Express and Bernina Express, require a reservation the cost of which is not covered by the pass.

10. Re: Luzern to Engelberg travel - is it covered in Swiss pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2016, 05:15