We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tell pass versus Visitor PAss

Mumbai, India
1 post
Tell pass versus Visitor PAss

Hi,

I have decided to stay in Lucerne for 5 days and cover most of the excursions - titlis, rigi, boat ride, may be pilatus and some hiking. My hotel has offered me the 5 day visitor pass for me and my family giving me access to zone 10

Need advice if it is worth investing in Tell Pass or stick with Visitor pass only

thanks

6 replies to this topic
Schindellegi...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland, Kiev
Level Contributor
4,705 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: Tell pass versus Visitor PAss

Check Lucerne Visitor Card offer details - quite exhaustive list at http://visitorcard.luzern.one

You will have to do the maths to find out if Tell Pass is worth your planed trips. Get a spreadsheet application, ticket prices for planned trips, compare overall cost with Tell Pass and with only Lucerne Visitor Card.

Check if you can group the more expensive trips over 2-3 days - no need nor advantage buying the pass ahead of time, so wait to have somehow reliable weather forecast, finalise your trip details only then and redo calculation(s)

Wimborne, United...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
7,767 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Tell pass versus Visitor PAss

You will find that the Lucerne Visitor’s Card offers little financial or practical benefit when exploring the wider area outside the city.

visitorcard.luzern.one

Canton of Schwyz...
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
16,912 posts
292 reviews
3. Re: Tell pass versus Visitor PAss

Swissaholic is right. For the excursion you are planning a Tell Pass (free mountain transport) or a half fare pass would be the options you should calculate. For more information look at section 2 of the Top Questions about Switzerland (Switzerland forum on the TA website) where you will find much more helpful information.

pore

Fairfield, Ohio
2 posts
1 review
4. Re: Tell pass versus Visitor PAss

Is there a charge for the visitor's pass? I looked at their website and there is no mention of cost.

Thanks

Canton of Schwyz...
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
16,912 posts
292 reviews
5. Re: Tell pass versus Visitor PAss

Hi Peonypen

There are no changes announced for the visitor passes at Lucerne. Be aware that the visitor pass is a bus ticket for the central zone (zone 10) of Lucerne.

The Tell Pass - www.tellpass.ch/en - covers all your transportation within the Central Switzerland area including mountain excursions. There is a map on the link which shows you how far it goes. In my opinion this is the best pass you can have if you want to travel within the area and if you would like to visit a few mountain tops.

I hope this helps

pore

Fairfield, Ohio
2 posts
1 review
6. Re: Tell pass versus Visitor PAss

Thanks for your information and experience.

Reply to: Tell pass versus Visitor PAss
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted