We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trips in Lucerne?

Which Lucerne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Temecula, California
Level Contributor
265 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trips in Lucerne?

We will be visiting Lucerne mid May. We will also be staying in Germany. The dates of our travel are May 12 through the 26. Our group is My husband, myself and daughter age 12 who likes to hike and horse ride, loves scenery and her German heritage. My in laws will be accompanying us This is there homeland and they speak German fluently. We would like suggestions of day trips to do in the area. We will be ending our trip here before flying home from Munich. Also included in our travels: Bamberg, Schliersee, Obersaufen. Salzberg to visit Mozarts home ie my daughter plays piano This is probably a never to repeated trip this a gift for my in laws 50 anniversary and we want to get the most our of our trip and not waste time so any suggestios of what to do not to bother with and where to eat would be most appreciated!

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trips in Lucerne?

Bumping this for you. I'm not very knowledgeable about Lucerne, but a good start point would be:

www.myswitzerland.com/en/infra.cfm/rkey/736

Hopefully you'll get some more responses soon. Have a lovely trip.

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
5,415 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trips in Lucerne?

Make your pick:

www.luzern.org/en/navpage-ExcursionsLU.html

canada
Level Contributor
7,554 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trips in Lucerne?

Hikes, horses and German heritage.

Lets hope the weather cooperates.

From Lucerne, take the ferry to Brunnen, which is in the Canton of Schwyz (that´s how Switzerland get her name.) Go to the tourist office and ask for recommendations of hikes that day, there are half a dozen choices. Then you can return by train. Or, if you still have time and energy, go up Mt Rigi from Arth-Goldau, and return by boat.

4. Re: Day Trips in Lucerne?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 23:19