We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zurich Airport to Lucerne by rail

Which Lucerne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
edinburgh
2 posts
Save Topic
Zurich Airport to Lucerne by rail

Hello

I am looking for advice regarding what type of train ticket to buy. We are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children under the age of 5). We will be getting the train to Lucerne from Zurich airport and also doing the return journey by train.

Should I just purchase single tickets for this or should I get the Swiss Card? I got so lost on the Swiss Rail site I am afraid I gave up and came on here instead!

Many thanks in advance,

Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Zurich Airport to Lucerne by rail

If that is all the train travel you will be doing then just get the single tickets, otherwise you might want look at getting the half fare card, valid for 1 month cost 99 chf. The children will i think go free anyway. The ticket office at Zurich Airport will tell you

edinburgh
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Zurich Airport to Lucerne by rail

Thank you!

3. Re: Zurich Airport to Lucerne by rail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2009, 06:16