We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Lucerne train station to hotels

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
Transportation from Lucerne train station to hotels

I have been reading Lucerne hotel reviews, and some reviews would say that the hotel is outside of the city. I wonder if it is outside of the city, is it easy to get to the hotel from the train station? Are there cabs I can wave down? I have no idea how this works.

We are using swiss rail because a couple of the places on our itinerary are car-free cities.

Visakhapatnam
Level Contributor
362 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Lucerne train station to hotels

Which hotel are you staying? Use www.sbb.ch/en to get the public transport timetable in Switzerland. You can type in your hotel name or the address as the destination. The program will also tell you if any walking is involved. You will get the fares also on that site. Have you considered buying a rail pass?

Edited: 12 May 2011, 07:43
bern
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Lucerne train station to hotels

There are always Taxis in front of the train station with their own queue, but they are very expensive in this country, specially if you need to get to a place outside of the city during rush hour. If possible I would follow vs_hi advise and use public transport.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Lucerne train station to hotels

Thanks! I will check out the public transportation.

Also for the pass, I actually calculated that for us, the half fare card would save us $300 for all our travels.

4. Re: Transportation from Lucerne train station to hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 06:16