We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving late at Lucern with 5 year old

Orange County...
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Topic
Arriving late at Lucern with 5 year old

Hi,

I screwed up booking my tickets from Paris to Lucern and instead of arriving at 7:00 PM we will be arriving at 11:00PM. Can't change the tickets so i'm stuck.

My concern is how safe is to walk around Lucern at that time of the night, it will be a Saturday night. Our Hostel is supposed to be a 10 minute walk from the station, just along the river. Are there still plenty of people out at that time?

Thanks!

Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving late at Lucern with 5 year old

I don't think you will have any problems at 11pm, just take the usual precautions i would check the location of your hotel on Google world and have some idea of the route to take.

Orange County...
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving late at Lucern with 5 year old

Awesome. I called the hotel and they told me registration is until midnight so i should be good.

Another question, do anyone know a good map of the Arth Goldau station? My train from Lucen to Venice has a 6 minute change there and i would like know what exactly where to go as soon we get off the train.

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
14,800 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving late at Lucern with 5 year old

Hi dvazriel

It is dead easy to change train at Arth-Goldau. You just walk on the other side of the plattform and you are where your connecting train leaves. 6 minutes is more then enough for the change.

pore

Wimborne, United...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
6,278 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arriving late at Lucern with 5 year old

sbb.ch/content/…plan-arth-goldau-a4.pdf

5. Re: Arriving late at Lucern with 5 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2013, 10:26