We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

camping in switzerland

Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
camping in switzerland

will be camping in switzerland mid June and wondered if anyone had any recommendations for camping stops from Lucerne to Geneva. Plan on visiting Jungfrau, would like to camp nearby and wondered if anyone knew of camp spots around this area.

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: camping in switzerland

There is a nice small campsite called Le Bivouac at the base of the mountains above Vevey on Lake Geneva. It has a pool, and the bus stops right outside. There is nice hiking in the mountains, where you can walk to rustic restaurants or you can take the bus down to the lake.

Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: camping in switzerland

thank you so much....sounds wonderful!!!!!!!!

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: camping in switzerland

Let me know if you do choose that site, and I'll tell you how to walk to the local town (Chatel St Denis, 15-20 mins), or up to the local mountain village (Les Paccots, 30-40 mins).

If you are taking public transport, plan your route on www.rail.ch . The bus stop by the campsite is called Chatel St. Denis Le Sce

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
14,717 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: camping in switzerland

Hi chilly53

and here are more informations

Switzerland: reisen-tcs.ch/travel/… (owner Touring Club of Switzerland)

Interlaken: www.campinginterlaken.ch/sites/campings.php…

Bönigen near Interlaken: reisen-tcs.ch/travel/…boenigen.html (use transklation program if needed)

Grindelwald: www.eigernordwand.ch/index.php?userlang=en

Leuk VS: http://en.bella-tola.ch/home/ (i visited family there and the restaurant and the pool are great).

Bouveret (near Swiss Vapeur Parc: www.camping-rive-bleue.ch/en/index.html

Vevey: vevey.ch/N1134/camping-de-la-pichette.html

etc etc

have fun

pore

Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: camping in switzerland

great information....we will have a car, but once we've set up our camp, we hope to utilize whatever public transportation is available to us.

thank you

Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: camping in switzerland

wow....these camp spots look amazing ..... and situated on our route....so appreciative of the information you posted....Thank you!!

Durham, NC
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: camping in switzerland

Hi, I am also looking into camping in these areas. My wife and I will have 2 large backpacks, and a guitar. I'm not sure what to do with our excess baggage while we are out and about with lighter day packs/bags. Are there places to store baggage near campsites, or would we be able to stow them in lockers or some other storage at train stations or local hotels?

We will have full camping gear and are prepared for backcountry camping (when we are in other countries where this is allowed), but we will always have more than we would like to carry around with us for the day. I am expecting that we will need to pay to store our luggage again and again on our trip.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: camping in switzerland

Many stations have lockers, or perhaps you could separate out your valuables and put them in your day packs.

Durham, NC
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: camping in switzerland

Thanks, that helps.

I think the day pack idea will not be possible. It will be a six month trip to 10+ countries, so we need to find out how to stow things everywhere we go, so we can walk around cities, and go for backpacking/camping/day-hiking trips..

In addition to more clothes than we would like to carry, we will have a guitar, 2 kindles, an ipod, a full sized laptop, a cell phone, a large camera with large lenses, a smaller camera, an audio recorder, and an electric razor, various chargers for each, (I think that's all the electronics :o)

10. Re: camping in switzerland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2014, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Lucerne
Recent Conversations