We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bed & Breakfast within easy reach of Train Station?

florida
Level Contributor
350 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Bed & Breakfast within easy reach of Train Station?

Good day! We are looking for a B&B within close, easy access of the Train Station, as we will be exhausted from International flight, and not in the mood to be schlepping bags through the city.

I have been looking at different B&B's, but do not have a clear sense of their location in relation to train station.

Your thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Bondgirl

Restaurant Hermitage
££££, European, Central European, Swiss
Restaurant Balances
££££, Swiss, European, Central European
Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,303 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bed & Breakfast within easy reach of Train Station?

Hi bondgirl50,

In Switzerland, a real B&B is in a person's home, and the area around the train station isn't really a residential area. A B&B is more likely to be on the outskirts of the downtown area.

Do you really want to stay in a B&B? Or would you be comfortable in a small hotel or pension? Do you have a price preference for your stay? You may want to consider the Guest House Rösli, which looks to be very close:

www.roesli.ch/seiten/en/home.php?lang=EN

In any case, I normally just take a taxi when I arrive in a new place and have luggage. If your hotel is in the old town of Luzern, the taxi ride won't be very expensive (maybe 15 chf), and you won't have to worry about lugging cases all over.

You can also use google maps to help you locate a hotel. Just type in "Luzern Switzerland," and then click on the arrow and on "search nearby" and type in "hotels" or "pensions," etc.

Good luck finding just the right place!

s

Mentioned in this post
Lucerne
Lucerne
Canton of Lucerne, Switzerland
Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
15,934 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bed & Breakfast within easy reach of Train Station?

Hi bondgirl50

I fully agree with swandav. I would recommend you look for accomodation on www.luzern.com the official website of Lucerne tourisme. You will be booking directly with the hotels etc.

The hotels along river Reuss or at the old town are all close to the railway station (not more than a 15 minutes walk).

On www.sbb.ch/en you can input from "Bologna" to "adress of your hotel" and you will get the exact connections and walking times. For some hotels, like the Pickwick, a taxi would be wasted money as it is just across the large bridge in front of the railway station. They are all closer then the monorail, haha. Most places also show directions on the above plattform.

pore

Mentioned in this post
Lucerne
Lucerne
Canton of Lucerne, Switzerland
Bologna
Bologna
Province of Bologna, Italy
3. Re: Bed & Breakfast within easy reach of Train Station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 12:18