We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One more night in Lucerne, or one night in Zurich?

Which Lucerne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
7 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
One more night in Lucerne, or one night in Zurich?

Doing a river cruise down the Rhine ending in Basel: we added two nights in Lucerne. Should we add another night on our own in Lucerne or train to Zurich for one night prior to departure? Kathryn

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,051 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One more night in Lucerne, or one night in Zurich?

I assume you're departing from Zurich airport. It's easy to reach Zurich airport from Lucerne. No need to move to Zurich.

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
13,391 posts
281 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One more night in Lucerne, or one night in Zurich?

Hi saqndtravel

It depends when you need to be at the airport. If it is in the early morning you better stay at a airport hotel for a night. If you can reach the airport from Lucerne on time, I would stay at Lucerne. There are direct trains from Lucerne to Zurich-Airport which take just one hour. Look for the timetables on www.sbb.ch/en

pore

Mumbai (Bombay...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: One more night in Lucerne, or one night in Zurich?

Hi, I have a return flight from Zurich to Mumbai in the morning at 9.45am on 22nd july .will it be possible to catch that flight if i take the train from luzern to zurich airport in the morning at 4.55am reacing at 06:13?

or is it better to stay in zurich for one day and then easily take the flight. Are there any hotels in the zurich airport itself?

Canada
Level Contributor
4,608 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One more night in Lucerne, or one night in Zurich?

Sandtravel- I am doing the reverse Basel to Amsterdam and am staying 3 nights in Lucerne before the trip. Depending on your flight time, you really will only have 1.5 days in Lucerne. (by he time you arrive from Basel)

If you are planning to go up Rigi or Pilatus that will take a great part of a day. I would stay the extra night in Lucerne. From everything that i have read, Zurich is a large metropolitan city and coming from Chicago- why would you want a day there if you just have one night? Save unpacking etc and stay Lucerne. Make sure you get the non-stop train from Lucerne to the airport and this will save you transfering at the main station in Zurich. Times are listed on the Sbb website.

Edited: 23 May 2013, 23:14
5. Re: One more night in Lucerne, or one night in Zurich?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2014, 05:16