We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days in Switzerland

Which Lucerne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
4 posts
Save Topic
4 days in Switzerland

Hi my rough plans are to:

1st day- take train from Paris to Basel then to Lucerne. Visit Mt Pilatus

2nd day- transport museum, take boat ride to Weggis and cable car to Rigi kaltbad.

3rd day- train up to Rigi and down to Arth-Goldau then to Lugano

4th day- explore around Lugano, not sure where to visit

Can someone provide me with more details like how to get from one place to another or where to find the information? And should I get the Swiss pass? Is everything included in the Swiss pass?

Canada
Level Contributor
4,597 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 days in Switzerland

Why are you doing mt Rigi twice? You can do it all in one day - a roundtrip boat to rigi, cablecar etc back down to Goldau and back to Lucerne. Check out the Mt Rigi website or see the previous thread.

Edited: 15 April 2013, 16:36
Singapore, Singapore
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 days in Switzerland

Was thinking of staying in Rigi kaltbad on the second day befrie heading up on the third day

Singapore, Singapore
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 days in Switzerland

Before*

Singapore, Singapore
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 days in Switzerland

Can i just check if I should get Tell pass or Swiss pass with my itinerary?

Canada
Level Contributor
4,597 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 days in Switzerland

A 3 day swiss pass is about 260 swiss francs. You need to add up the transportation costs for your itinerary and decide if it is worth it or not. Do a google search for swiss pass and all the info is there for you to go over.

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
13,384 posts
281 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 days in Switzerland

Hi mathladyca49

Did you look at the Top Questions about Lucerne? There is enough choice for the short time you have available. Instead of the cable car to Rigi-Kaltbad I would take the historic funicular and the brand new cable car to Stanserhorn.

pore

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 days in Switzerland

Hi,

I will be at Lucerene from 31st March to 4th April with my wife and daughter.

What we can do in these days, places where we can visit, especting a help from any one to give an idea to spend the holidays at lucerne. Please Reply. Thanks

Edited: 08 March 2014, 19:22
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 4 days in Switzerland

Hi,

I will be at Paris from 28th March to 31st March with my wife and daughter.

What we can do in these days, places where we can visit, especting a help from any one to give an idea to spend the holidays at lucerne. Please Reply. Thanks

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 4 days in Switzerland

Take a look at the Top Questions section of the Lucerne forum. It is very comprehensive and gives lots of information about things to do.

10. Re: 4 days in Switzerland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2015, 06:21