We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lucerne: Swiss Pass and Your Favourite Activities!

Singapore
Level Contributor
54 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Lucerne: Swiss Pass and Your Favourite Activities!

Hi everyone!

I am thinking of purchasing the Swiss Pass for my trip to Switzerland (Zurich>Lucerne>Geneva).

In working out my calculations on whether the Swiss Pass makes sense, I'm not sure what does the Swiss Pass cover for day trips to Mt Titlis, Pilatus and Rigi. I had a look at their respective websites, and it seems like

Mt Rigi - all trips (rail rides, cruise, cogwheel trains) are covered by the Swiss Pass

Mt Titlis / Pilatus - Train / ferry ride from Lucerne to Engelberg / Alpnachstad are covered by the Swiss Pass. But up the mountain, there are separate tickets to purchase and these can be quite costly.

Is this correct? I have heard of the Tell Pass but I'm not sure if it covers more. And since I'd only be in Lucerne for a short 2 days, the 5-day Tell Pass does not seem to maximize value.

By the way, does anyone care to share your favourite activities around Lucerne? Lets say, your favourite food / restaurant, any interesting factories (glassblowing?), your favourite views etc? I'm still in the midst of planning the Lucerne and inputs will be most appreciated. Thank you!

Canada
Level Contributor
6,936 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lucerne: Swiss Pass and Your Favourite Activities!

Try this Glasi Hergiswil- you can stop there on the way back from Mt Pilatus. See Top questions for more info on it.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
57,484 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lucerne: Swiss Pass and Your Favourite Activities!

The Swiss Pass gives 50% off on most of the cable cars too. See e.g.

http://www.titlis.ch/en/titlis/service/faqs

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
15,295 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lucerne: Swiss Pass and Your Favourite Activities!

Yes I care you can see the result on the Top Questions about Lucerne (upper right side of your actual screen).

pore

Singapore
Level Contributor
54 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lucerne: Swiss Pass and Your Favourite Activities!

Hi Pore,

Well yes I have looked at the top activities to do in Lucerne, but there are so many, and some of them look like pure touristy stuff don't they? At least from a foreigner's perspective, I don't know what is the appeal with looking at a stone lion. But I'd be interested to know what the locals like to do. Where are your favourite restaurants? What are some food you crave for? Which views mesmerize you the most? That's the point of my question. Thank you for the reply though.

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
15,295 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lucerne: Swiss Pass and Your Favourite Activities!

Hi gokka

There is no pure touristy staff at Lucerne. The points listed on the Top Questions about Lucerne are places where you will meet many people from the area.

There are so many good restaurants in Lucerne that it is impossible to lest them here. Look at the reviews about them.

pore

Canada
Level Contributor
6,936 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lucerne: Swiss Pass and Your Favourite Activities!

Gokka- face it, Lucerne is a tourist town. People who live there, for the main part work in the tourist industry. Go with the flow, walk down the streets and if you see a packed pub, it likely has good food and a great atmosphere. Part of the fun of travelling is not being on a rigid schedule. Just my opinion.

Singapore
Level Contributor
54 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lucerne: Swiss Pass and Your Favourite Activities!

Appreciate your comments. Thank you.

8. Re: Lucerne: Swiss Pass and Your Favourite Activities!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2014, 06:18