We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mt. Rigi,best option

Wyoming, New York
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Mt. Rigi,best option

We want to do Mt. Rigi while in Lucerne for a couple of days in Sept. We do not do long or strenuous walks. Can we get to Mt. Rigi to see the view just by using the train and/or boat? Also is the complete trip covered by the Swiss Flexi pass? I know this question has probably been asked and answered many times, but I haven't found exactly the answer I need. Thanks, Nan

Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mt. Rigi,best option

In answer to your first question yes you can. I would suggest the round trip either ascending via Arth-Goldau, (train from Lucerne to Arth-Goldau) and descend either by train and cable car to Weggis or by train all the way to Vitznau and returning to Lucerne by boat. the station and landing stage at Vitznau are adjacent.

I can't help with the second question I am afraid.

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
14,545 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mt. Rigi,best option

Hi nanreyn

First Question: Look at the Top Questions about Lucerne (TA Lucerne forum) part 6 where you find all the information needed.

Yes, the whole roundtrip is covered by the Swiss Passes (Flexi Pass one travel day).

pore

Haverhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mt. Rigi,best option

You can also return to Luzern from descending the other side of the mountain on the blue train to Arth- Goldau and then by main line train back to Luzern.

Yes the trip is covered by the Swiss/Flexi Pass.

Wyoming, New York
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mt. Rigi,best option

Thanks to all of you for your help. Nan

5. Re: Mt. Rigi,best option

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2014, 05:17