We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swiss Trip to Zurich-Lucern-Interlaken-Zurich

Erlangen, Germany
3 posts
Save Topic
Swiss Trip to Zurich-Lucern-Interlaken-Zurich

Hi to All,

Could any one of you suggest on my trip to Swiss:

I will be reaching Zurich on 15th Aug by 3pm, would like to visit Rhine falls on the same day and will stay there for the night and on 16th want to leave to Luzern and want to go to mount Titlis, stay for the night in luzern, on 17th want to leave to Interlaken and on 18 will be back in zurich and want to cover the city, on the next day will be leaving from Zurich to my place in Germany. Could you please suggest if this plan works out, all your suggestions are welcome on cost of travel by train to these places and staying there for nights.

regards

Rama

Erlangen, Germany
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Swiss Trip to Zurich-Lucern-Interlaken-Zurich

Hi , I am travelling with my wife and kid/3yrs, and I need suggestions on cost and mode of travelling to these places inside the Swiss and the cheap and best accommodation and I want to do the trip in much relaxed way, i am ready to lessen some locations if not feasible. Please advise.

canada
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swiss Trip to Zurich-Lucern-Interlaken-Zurich

1. See if you can go to Rhine Falls from Germany via Singen, so that you don't have to go to Zurich and then back-track. see www.bahn.de.

2. For timetables and fares use www.sbb.ch.

3. I think you need a detour on Aug 17 from Lucerne to Interlaken due to railroad work. Confirm with the sbb website.

4. If you can control your time well you can book trains for Supersaver tickets on the website, within 14 days of travel.

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
14,719 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swiss Trip to Zurich-Lucern-Interlaken-Zurich

Hi Rama B

My opinion is that you want do to much in a to short time. As an example look at the Top Questions about Lucerne to know how much there is to see and to do only in this area. This is the case for the Bernese Oberland as well - see www.myjungfrau.ch -.

pore

Erlangen, Germany
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Swiss Trip to Zurich-Lucern-Interlaken-Zurich

Thank to both of youBofoster and Pore!

I already booked train toand from Zurich. Could you please suggest can I get a hotel in Lucerne or is it better to stay in Zurich and travel to Lucerne and how much time would be better to cover Lucerne, I am interested in Lake Cruise, going to Mount Titlis and seeing in landscapes, nature in Lucerne. Can I cover all the Lucerne area in 2 days then the next day I spend time in Zurich, will not go to Interlaken. Could you please suggest?

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
14,719 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swiss Trip to Zurich-Lucern-Interlaken-Zurich

Hi Rama B

Did you look at the Top Questions about Lucerne (upper right side of your actual screen)? There you will find the information needed for Mt. Titlis.

There is no cruise on lake Lucerne with the Titlis visit. You could do an excursions which includes a cruise the second day (for example Mt. Rigi or Mt. Pilatus). Again look at the Top Questions about Lucerne for more details.

pore

6. Re: Swiss Trip to Zurich-Lucern-Interlaken-Zurich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Lucerne
Recent Conversations