We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Houston, Texas...
1 post
Save Topic
Where to stay?

Hi,

I am a first timer to visit Switzerland and I am traveling from US. I want to go for a vacation to Switzerland for 4-5 days and I am landing in Zurich. Can anyone please suggest me the best place to stay so that I can easily cover the following places Zurich, Interlaken, Lucrern, Jungfraoch? Is there a place among above in the middle which would be convenient to travel both the sides? Please see the below plan and let me know if this can be worked out.

Day 1: Land in Zurich and transfer to Hotel in Lucerne.

Day 2: Explore Lucerne

Day 3: Travel from Lucerne to Interlaken - sightseeing Jungrau

Day 4: travel to Lucerne to Zurich and local sight seeing

Day 5: Fly from Zurich to US

Any suggestions are welcome

Nowhere
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?

Hi Girish3214,

I'm sort of in the same situation as you. What I learned in this forum is that it is not advisable to visit Jungfraujoch from Lucerne.

You can read this thread for more info, tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188064-i573-k6513…

I sort of given up on visiting Jungfraujoch and plan to visit Mt Pilatus, Mt Rigis or Mt Titlis instead where the journey is shorter.

Regards,

Ace

canada
Level Contributor
7,843 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?

Hi Girish3214,

A trip up Jungfraujoch is best to start as close to that train station as possible, so that you can better judge/guess what the weather would be like upon arrival. You won't like to reach the top in heavy fog. For this purpose, the advice is to stay either in Lauterbrunnen, Wengen or Grindelwald. Let the morning webcam gives you the signal to go. In this case you will be spending the first 2 nights in Lucerne, folowed by another 2 nights in Bernese Oberland. The final night may be in Zurich depending on your flight time of departure.

If you want only one base to stay, consider Thun, or Bern. Bern is about one hour away from Zurich, Luzern and Interlaken.

Canada
Level Contributor
6,942 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay?

Just my opinion but I think that you are trying to do too much in too little time. Not sure why you want to spend time in Zurich.

4. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2014, 05:18