We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this correct?

Mansfield, Texas
Level Contributor
106 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Is this correct?

We will be arriving in Lucerne for four nights in about four weeks. We are staying at the hotel Les Balances. I have gone to the google earth website, and it appears that after we leave the train station that we need to walk toward the river and then go westbound to what appears to be an older wooden bridge. I guess we can then walk across the bridge and our hotel is then closeby. Is this doable? How far? I have at times found google earth to be deceptive. Thanks

Canada
Level Contributor
5,968 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this correct?

Why don't you use google maps- it now has a walk function as well. It will tell you exactly how far it is.

Mansfield, Texas
Level Contributor
106 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this correct?

Thanks, I was not aware of that function.

Lucerne, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this correct?

It's five to ten minutes' walk without luggage... 15 minutes with luggage. The streets are partly cobblestones, so make sure your suitcases have good wheels.

Canada
Level Contributor
5,968 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is this correct?

We just arrived in LUcerne today Walked 3 blocks to rennaissane, absolutely

no problem BE aware that it seems most of plugs are recessed in a triangular

formation None of mr adapters square and fliht would fit in recess, FRont desk loaned mr 2.

Lucerne, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is this correct?

But the OP is asking about Les Balances, which is on the other side of the river...

Mansfield, Texas
Level Contributor
106 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is this correct?

Thanks , the directions that I got off google maps are (1) south on Zentralstrasse toward Frankenstrasse for 500m (2) 1st exit to Hirschmattstrasse 550m (3) left on Hirschengraben 190m (4) rt. on Franziskanerplatz 90m (5) Stay on Franziskanerplatz for 66m (6) slight left on Bahnofstrasse 14m (7) rt. on Munzgasse 74m. Total distance approx. 1484 M. That's about one mile which is a pretty hefty walk with luggage, but I am sure we will make it o.k. . Thanks for the help .

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,192 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is this correct?

Hi jcfbumpkin,

When I stayed at Des Balances, I took a taxi from the train station, and I was surprised at how close the hotel was. I thought it would have been better to walk it and was sorry I had taken the taxi. When I left, I walked it, naturally.

Have fun as you plan!

s

Wimborne, United...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
6,191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is this correct?

Ignore those directions. When you come out of the front of the station follow this map.

map.search.ch/d/jfmmgnlnj.html

Mansfield, Texas
Level Contributor
106 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is this correct?

Thanks Swissaholic, those directions appear much easier and shorter.

10. Re: Is this correct?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2014, 05:18