We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Titlis and Verkehrshaus in one day

brisbane
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Topic
Titlis and Verkehrshaus in one day

Hi

From Lucerne, is it possible to do a day trip to Titlis, starting from when it opens for the day and then visiting the Verkehrshaus without it being too rushed. I just want a general look through the Verkehrshaus not wanting to sit through any films showing, thanks

Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,876 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Titlis and Verkehrshaus in one day

Bentz would say no, Titlis is an hours train journey from Lucerne to Engleberg and then if I remember correctly another 45 minutes to the top of Titlis, then the same back to Lucerne, you then have to get to the Museum I would say 30 minutes, I really don;t think that you would have enough time to even have a qucik look at the museum. I would rather spend a day going to Engleberg and Titlis and at least half a day for the museum.

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
14,428 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Titlis and Verkehrshaus in one day

Hi betnz

You can see the timetables on www.sbb.ch/en if you input from Lucerne to Kleindittlis. The journey takes you +/- 1 1/2 hours one way. Take your time to sightsee on top of Titlis - www.titlis.ch - and to enjoy to be in the snow.

I agree, even if technically it would be possible to do both, Mt. Titlis and the Transport Museum - www.verkehrshaus.ch -, you will not have enough time to really enjoy them both. Just to pass the museum with no specific interests will take you about three hours. If you would like to see some attractions there (for example the Planetarium, the tunnel building plant etc.) you should count at least 1/2 hour for each (see, I did not mention the movies on the 3D theater). This museum is so interesting that you really should take your time for it. Every time I go there, it takes me at least an afternoon and I visit something different every time I am there.

Have fun no stress

pore

brisbane
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Titlis and Verkehrshaus in one day

Thanks pore & swisslover. I will save the Verkehrshaus for another time

Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,876 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Titlis and Verkehrshaus in one day

Pore I agree, each time I've been there have been new exhibits and I seem to spend longer and longer there. I must remember to go in September this year.

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
14,428 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Titlis and Verkehrshaus in one day

Swisslover tell me before you go.

pore

6. Re: Titlis and Verkehrshaus in one day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2015, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Lucerne
Recent Conversations