We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden round trip with pilatus tobogganing query ?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Golden round trip with pilatus tobogganing query ?

Hello friends,

I am planning for golden round trip for pilatus, but apart from that i also want to to tobogganing at frakmuntegg. My question is :

1) Is it advisable to take golden round trip first (lucerne-pilatus-lucerne) & then do tobogganing OR reaching at frakmuntegg by golden trip & the do tobogganing ?

2)

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
14,428 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden round trip with pilatus tobogganing query ?

Hi Dani8588

I would recommend to do the golden roundtrip starting by boat via Alpnachstad - Pilatus Kulm - Fraekmuendegg - Kriens - Lucerne because you want to do tobogganing it is best to do it on your way back. If this is possible depends on when you will be in Switzerland - see www.pilatus.ch -.

Normally I recommend the roundtrip the other way around as there are less waiting times. This would of course also be possible but then you would need to watch your time at Fraekmuendegg not to miss the last boat to Lucerne from Alpnachstad.

Have fun

pore

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden round trip with pilatus tobogganing query ?

Thanks Pore...I am planning to go in June when tobogganing will be open & also my route will be lucerne to alpnachstad via boat & then cogwheel up to pilatus & then down to lucerne .

while coming down via cable car to frakmuntegg should i go for tobogganing straight away ? Tobogganing will take me to kriens so should i again need to come back to frakmuntegg & then go further down via gondola ? (I will carry my travel bag so tobogganing staff will not allow me to ride carrying it i suppose? )

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
14,428 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden round trip with pilatus tobogganing query ?

Hi Dani8588

while coming down via cable car to frakmuntegg should i go for tobogganing straight away ?

Yes, that would be fine. It does not go completely down to Kriens as I know.

Yes you will go back to Fraekmuendegg and go down by gondola.

With the luggage it is anyway difficult. Better leave it in a locker at the Lucerne railway station.

pore

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,808 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golden round trip with pilatus tobogganing query ?

The toboggan starts and ends in the same place, so you just leave anything you don't want to carry at the bottom.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golden round trip with pilatus tobogganing query ?

Great ...I'm getting an idea what needs to be done there. I will not carry luggage during my golden trip journey but I can't move without my non portable camera (with tripod stand n all) & in that case any locker provided by toboggan staff so that I can take it back when i return after ride.

6. Re: Golden round trip with pilatus tobogganing query ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Lucerne
Recent Conversations