We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mount Pilatus in October

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
42 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Mount Pilatus in October

Hi,

I have a weekend free after a Geneva trip in October and was wondering if I could spend a day and a half in Lucerne and do the Mount Pilatus trip. I know that the cable car will not be available but the gondolas and railway appears to be so. Do you guys think it's worth it anyway?

PS: really don't think I'll be able to afford another trip to Switzerland in the near future so "you can always come back" may not be the best consideration.

Also how safe is Lucerne for women traveling alone?

Mentioned in this post
Geneva
Geneva
Canton of Geneva, Switzerland
Mount Pilatus
Mount Pilatus
4,802 Reviews
Lucerne, Switzerland
Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
15,803 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mount Pilatus in October

Hi MumbaiCentral

Sorry, the golden roundtrip over Mt. Pilatus will not be available in October this year except if you would be able to walk up the very steep part the cable car does no more offer. I would not recommend to do this as it would be very, very hard both ways.

Instead you could do a roundtrip over Mt. Rigi - see Top Questions about Lucerne (right side of your screen) -. It offers great views and includes one of the most beautiful cruises on the lake.

Also how safe is Lucerne for women traveling alone?

Lucerne is a peace full place. I never heard about problems from tourists.

pore

Canada
Level Contributor
7,823 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mount Pilatus in October

My travel companion got sick in Lucerne and I travelled around the area for 2 days by myself- a senior, including trips to Pilatus and Bern and I never felt unsafe! Use the same precautions you would anywhere else- no jewellery, a safe secure handbag and walk with confidence.

3. Re: Mount Pilatus in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2015, 05:17