We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early September weather

Which Lucerne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
199 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Early September weather

Ill be in lucerne the first 3 days of September and have been checking the weather the past few weeks. Looks like it has been very rainy - wondering if that might continue while we are there or if this time of year is typically a little rainier. I know it does what it does and can't be predicted but just wondering if September is normally a bit nicer.

Also, if it is raining in lucerne, can it be assumed surrounding cities will be raining too? Such as thun, spiez, bern - or could we get away to those with better weather?

canada
Level Contributor
7,404 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early September weather

The weather difference between Thun, Bern, Lucerne and Zurich is about half an hour. It might be quite different South of the Alps, as in Lugano.

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
12,949 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early September weather

Hi klc948

Weather in the Lucerne area was somewhat exceptional until now this year. We got more heat and more rain than other years. Anyway, periods of bad weather are pretty common in Central Europe and, as you say, weather is not predictable. September is normally a very good time not only for the Lucerne area but also for the Alps. In fact it is my most preferred time of the year.

Did you follow the weather on www.meteoschweiz.admin.ch/web/en ? This is a pretty good place to get correct information. If you would have a smart phone look at the WeatherPro app which is the meteo of different international TV stations. I used it in the U.S. and in different countries in Europe and it was very helpful as it is pretty detailed (depending on where you are looking for weather 2 or 4 hour steps).

I hope this helps

pore

3. Re: Early September weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2015, 05:17