We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luzern in October

Scotia, New York
Level Contributor
97 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Luzern in October

My husband and I will be in Luzern in October. We have read about the cable and boat rides. Will they be operating at that time? Where do you access them? Also, can we access Zermatt from Luzern?

Mentioned in this post
Lucerne
Lucerne
Canton of Lucerne, Switzerland
Zermatt
Zermatt
Canton of Valais, Switzerland
Easton, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luzern in October

Hi,

Zermatt is really too far from Luzern for a day trip! Not only is it too far, but you would not really want to try and go to Zermatt for a day trip, only to find that by the time you got there...the weather was not good, and you spent all that money and time to get there only to see fog! The Matterhorn is often covered...so the chances are seeing it clear on any given day at a specific time are not high! I have gone for a whole week there without seeing it! Better to spend less time on the trains and interact with where you are staying. Lots to do in Luzern!

http://www.titlis.ch/en

Train from Luzern to Engelberg. From there you can go to Titlus

http://www.luzern.com/de/index.cfm

Mentioned in this post
Zermatt
Zermatt
Canton of Valais, Switzerland
Lucerne
Lucerne
The Matterhorn
The Matterhorn
3,108 Reviews
Zermatt, Switzerland
Engelberg
Engelberg
Canton of Obwalden, Switzerland
Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
15,896 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luzern in October

Hi 401cottagegirl

I agree, better stay in the Lucerne area and enjoy the many attractions there. Look at www.luzern.com and the Top Questions about Lucerne (upper right side of your screen) for many tips about the area.

Which installations will be operating depends on when in October you will be at the Lucerne area. First half of the month all will be operating except the cable car from Fraekmuendegg to Pilatus-Kulm which will be under construction up from September 1st. Brienz Rothorn railway will be operating until October 26, 2014.

Have fun

pore

Mentioned in this post
Lucerne
Lucerne
Hotel Pilatus-Kulm
Hotel Pilatus-Kulm
337 Reviews
Kriens, Switzerland
3. Re: Luzern in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2015, 06:16