We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luzern 2 nights holiday

Which Lucerne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
1 post
Save Topic
Luzern 2 nights holiday

Me and My wife are on our onward holiday to Canada. We are taking a stopover in luzern for 2 nights. Kindly suggest Riggi or Pilatus and other than mountain visit what activities to do in Luzern town?. Also suggest whether swiss pass to be taken or to buy individual tickets

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
13,169 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luzern 2 nights holiday

Hi Aniketsave1 and welcome on the forum

From Zurich airport you take a direct train to Lucerne - see www.sbbch/en -. It will take about one hour only. For a lot of information about Lucerne and the Lucerne area look at www.luzern.com (I also would recommend to compare hotel prices with this website) and the Top Questions about Lucerne (upper right side of your screen).

I am not sure if a rail pass would help you with your short stay. You can find them listed on www.swisstravelsystem.com . You will need to do the math yourself. Please note that all prices published on www.sbb.ch/en or FROM prices which means they are valuable with half fare card only. If you double this price you will have the point to point ticket.

As you do not say when you will be at Lucerne it is not easy to recommend a specific mountain. My preference is always Mt. Rigi - www.rigi.ch - over Stanserhorn - www.stanserhorn.ch -. Many tourists love Mt. Pilatus but the roundtrips will not be available form September 1st 2014 until spring 2015.

Happy planning

pore

2. Re: Luzern 2 nights holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2015, 06:17