We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rigi and klewanalp on the same day!

Which Lucerne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rigi and klewanalp on the same day!

Is it possible to pack rigi and klewanalp on the same day, here's what I had in mind, let me know if this sounds practical

Start from zurich by 9:30am

Zurich-Brunnen train (changeover at arth-goldau)

boat to Beckenried

cable car to Klewenalp

walk of about 1 1/2 hrs

gondola to Emmetten

postbus to Seelisberg

funicular railway to Treib

Boat to vitznau

Cogwheel to rigi klum

Cable car down to weggis

Boat to luzern

Do you think this is practical? Is there a better route option which can reduce the transit time? Please note I have a 6 year old daughter along, she's quite energetic as long as there's s pay off for her at every stage, so I know that there's a zoo on klewanalp, anything else that will interest specifically to my little one?

Thanks

Pradip

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
12,951 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rigi and klewanalp on the same day!

Hi Pradip-Thakker

You can check the timetables on www.sbb.ch www.lakelucerne.ch www.klewenalp.ch and www.rigi.ch

I do not do it for you as I would never do such a package as it would not let you enough time for the great views these places offer.

Mt. Rigi region is great for walking. Even if you would prefer not to hike you should absolutely climb the summit from the cogwheel station of Rigi-Kulm and have a drink or a meal at the restaurant at Rigi Kulm or any other restaurant up there.

Klewenalp is for me not a destination on itself. Take your time to walk to Stockhuette (1 1/2 hours) and take the cable car down from there. The bus would bring you to the funicular. You can find some information for both of these mountains on the Top Questions about Lucerne (TA Lucerne forum) as they are in the Lucerne area.

When you visit our mountains, please take the time for sightseeing.

pore

Mumbai
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Rigi and klewanalp on the same day!

Thank you Pore!

3. Re: Rigi and klewanalp on the same day!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2015, 06:17