We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive from Lucerne to Jungfraujoch

Which Lucerne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Surabaya, Indonesia
Level Contributor
22 posts
243 reviews
Save Topic
Drive from Lucerne to Jungfraujoch

Hi,

Would really appreciate some information about Jungfraujoch.

Have been visiting Titlis and Pilatus, and Jungfraujoch is my dream destination.

Could anyone give us a pointer from driving to Jungfraujoch from Lucerne.

There will be 3 adults. will start at 0600 or earlier from Lucerne at 14 September 2014.

Please give some tips, on which city to park our car before going to Jungfraujoch?

Grindewald or Lauterbrunnen?

Which city has the most economic fare (return) for railway/cable car ticket? Will be staying only 4-5 hours max at Jungfraujoch before continuing journey to Interlaken

Thank you for your assistance

Regards

Alex

Lucerne, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drive from Lucerne to Jungfraujoch

There's a big car park right next to the station in Lauterbrunnen. There is no parking by the main station in Grindelwald, you would have to go down to Grund station, below the village, and get the train from there.

I think the train fare is the same from either side.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
34,732 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drive from Lucerne to Jungfraujoch

add to which it will take you less time to get to Lauterbrunnen than to grindelwald.

However - please do not set out on this trip unless you have checked the local weather for the Jungfraujoch either that same morning or the night before. IF the top is in the clouds you will be spending a lot of money to see nothing and your time could be used better going somewhere else...

Surabaya, Indonesia
Level Contributor
22 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drive from Lucerne to Jungfraujoch

Dear Hambagahle and Neuch,

Thank you for your reply. I will definitely check the weather report in advance

Suppose if I want to save cost in train, what card can you recommend for us to buy?

3 adults travelling. I suppose the only train/cable car ride we will be using is Engelberg-Titlis return, and Lauterbrunne - Jungfraujoch return.

In the Netherlands, they have a discount card which can be used ofr 4 person travelling.

Is there a similar scheme in Switzerland?

Which type of card worth buying.

Really appreciate any input

Regards

Alex

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
34,732 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drive from Lucerne to Jungfraujoch

There is no similar scheme in Switzerland except for groups of 10+.

If all you want to do are the listed routes above you could look at a Half Fare Card - cost is 120frs and then you have 50% off everything else. Calculate if this will save you money. I doubt it will be much though.

5. Re: Drive from Lucerne to Jungfraujoch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2015, 05:17