We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 day trip to swiss ..what to cover /?

London, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
4 day trip to swiss ..what to cover /?

Hello.

I am planning a trip to Switzerland from London. Our plan is to

day 1 ; fly from London to Basel, hire a car and go to Rhine falls - on return to Zurich and then Luzern checkin to hotel

day 2: Drive to base of Mt Pilatus and take train round trip ....does this require whole day? can I go to mt titlis in afternoon ?

day 3; either Mt Jungfrau or mt titlis ? which one would be best ? any other suggestions ?

day 4: drive to Geneva, sight seeing in Geneva then back to Basel to catch 10 pm flight.

pls advice if I need to add some more places ? I have to do all in four days and plan to visit some iconic swiss places.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 day trip to swiss ..what to cover /?

If you are visitng Switzerland, do go to Jungfrau...I fyou love mountians and Nature's beauty. Also try to cove Mt. Titlis but in compatision I prefer Jungrau. You skip Geneva though.. As it is not worth taking that much pain in going there in such a short trip. If you have plenty of time then go to Geneva.

For a trip of 4 days you are covering most of the major places.

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 day trip to swiss ..what to cover /?

Will answer point 3 :

Jungfraujoch can be seen at leisure if you are staying somewhere in Bernese Oberland area.

If you are staying in Lucerne, then it is better that you visit Mt Titlis. you can visit Jungfraujoch from here, but it will be tiring and quite a bit of your time will be spent in travelling to and fro. Further, you will have to leave your car behind in Lauterbrunnen and then proceed for Jungfraujoch.

One more thing. Why are you taking a car ? Have you explored the option of taking trains while in Switzerland.

3. Re: 4 day trip to swiss ..what to cover /?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2015, 13:15