We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jungfraujoch/ MT titlis. which is better need help deciding!

new jersey
7 posts
Save Topic
Jungfraujoch/ MT titlis. which is better need help deciding!

We are going to swiss just for sight seeing.. we are not into skiing. Jungfraujoch/ mt titlis which is better to visit..

We are going to interlaken.. but after that we are confused with where to go and what to do..

And we are getting swiss pass but with swiss pass we can go only up to Murren after that we have get tickets and we found those tickets were little out of budget as we are already travelling to Paris and Netherlands..And we saw the rail passes for Interlaken-Jungfraujoch/Swiss Card for $81 for each person and free for kids if travelling with parents and the same for MT Titlis, Engelberg-Mt Titlis/ Swiss Pass $57.00 Is it worth going there with kids.. and suggest things to do on top of these mountains.. Or can we get better deal after reaching there.. Also need some explanation reg the passes...

Andy help appreciated

Schwyz, Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,848 posts
502 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jungfraujoch/ MT titlis. which is better need help deciding!

I hope Im not to late.if you go Interlaken you are near Jungfraujoch wich is always very expensif,so I would not take tickets in advance,if there its fogy you would have to go and it would be a pitty for having no view. To go there with kids for me is depending on their age,it is a very long trip by train to go (for a small child) and very crowded.If you are traveling in sumertime,may be yoe better do smaller things like a boattrip to Brienz and a steamtrain to BrienzerRothorn .if you want to know more I can give you more informations but for me all you do is depending on the age of your kids.mum

Washington state
Level Contributor
681 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jungfraujoch/ MT titlis. which is better need help deciding!

I love being in the mountains, hiking, exploring, and getting that high-in-the-ski feeling. But during our two visits to the Berner Oberland I have not felt any desire to go up to Jungfraujoch. It's just too much time on a fairly uncomfortable train and too limited an area for exploring once you get up there. Just taking the train from Lauterbrunnen-Wengen to Kleine Scheidig gives you wonderful views without such a long journey, and plenty of places to hike once you get there.

If you want to get to a mountaintop, consider taking the gondola up to the Schilthorn if the weather's good. There too, there's not really room to roam around, but the views out the gondola are unobstructed and stunning the entire way up. Even so, in the future I'll stick to Switzerland's goreous flower meadows and ridgetops rather than the austere summits.

Can't speak for Mt. Titlis because I haven't been up there.

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
5,415 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jungfraujoch/ MT titlis. which is better need help deciding!

The experience for Mt Titlis would be similar to the Schilthorn. Went up both in Winter-time for skiing. I shot a small video-clip of the Titlis winter panorama which I posted on my site on April 21. Just click on my name and then select Contributions and videos.

4. Re: Jungfraujoch/ MT titlis. which is better need help deciding!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 16:16