We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cable cars/trains

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
435 posts
1 review
Save Topic
cable cars/trains

I'm sorry to open a new thread. I have so many questions lately. this time I have a small one.

can someone maybe suggest a website where I can find prices and scheduels of cable cars or any of those special (expensive) trains I read about sometimes?

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cable cars/trains

Can you let us know which ones you are interested in?

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
435 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: cable cars/trains

that's the thing, I don't really know. I plan to visit 3 towns and use them as bases for my hiking. Lauterbrunnen (or Wengen, haven't decided where to stay yet), Kandersteg and Zermatt (which is in the Valais area, I know, already gor the Cicerone Valais hiking guide in addition to the Bernese Oberland one). so I'm looking for around those places.

since I'm going out of season I know some (probably many) of the cable cars will be closed, so I would like to know which are open so I know my options. and obviously prices.

bern
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: cable cars/trains

Because of the autumn holidays here many cable cars will run at till October 16 or 23

Best is to use websites of the towns your are going to.

Wengen/Lauterbrunnen www.myjungfrau.ch

Kandersteg www.kandersteg.ch nearby cable cars: www.loetschental.ch www.adelboden.ch www.niesen.ch www.stockhorn.ch www.niederhorn.ch www.leukerbad.ch

Zermatt www.zermatt.ch neaby places www.saasfee.ch www.graechen.ch www.moosalp.info (only in German)

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
435 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: cable cars/trains

it seems that most cable cars are open during my visit, which is great. although the one to the top of the Matterhorn near Zermatt will be open until October 16 and closed after that for revision. I should probably start my trip with Zermatt so I can make it in time.

and the prices don't seem to be that bad actually (with a half fare card I'm planning to get).

thanx

5. Re: cable cars/trains

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2012, 23:18