We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Interlaken to Murren

baltimore
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Getting from Interlaken to Murren

Hello!

I am arriving by train to Interlaken. I am staying in Murren for three nights. I am wondering how to get from Interlaken to Murren. A train? Bus? Any help very much appreciated. Thank you.

Patrick

Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Interlaken to Murren

Very simple you take the train to Lauterbrunnen (Platform 2 at Interlaken Ost, make surev you get in the right section, the platform is labelled and there are staff there to help) Then at Lauterbrunnen either cross the road outside the station (underpass beneath the road) to the cablecar station and take the cablecar to Grutschalp then the train, which will be waiting, to Murren. Or take the postbus also outside the station, to Stetchelberg and the cable car from there to Murren. The cablecar goes through Gimmelwald loved by Rick Steves.

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Interlaken to Murren

You need to look at www.sbb.ch/en for timetables which will give you all this.

It's train from Interlaken to Lauterbrunnen. The question then is which end of Murren you are staying and if you intend to walk to your hotel. If it's the end nearest Interlaken then take the cable car from Lauterbrunnen to Grutschalp and the train to Murren. If it's the other end then the bus to Stechelberg and the cable car to Murren.

Better advice even is to ask your hotel. They will probably arrange to meet you and take your luggage.

baltimore
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Interlaken to Murren

Hello

I want to thank you both for your great help. I'll send you a postcard!

Patrick

4. Re: Getting from Interlaken to Murren

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2014, 06:18