We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Berner Oberland in mid-November???

Singapore
Level Contributor
253 posts
180 reviews
Save Topic
Berner Oberland in mid-November???

As we are also visiting Berner Oberland, I noticed that different people is giving e different opinion. Some says Oberland is dead while others say Oberlnd is not dead but quiet. This place will be great as we hope to spend some of our honeymoon days up the alps.

So, I did a check and found that Gimmelwald Esther's Guesthouse is open in November. If guesthouse is open, I thought it may still be alright to visit. Any advice?

What we intend to do is stay there for 2 days. For first day, we will explore Gimmelwald and Lauterbrunnen valley area visiting Staubbach waterfall and enjoy jungfraujoch scenery. For second day, we will ascend to Jungfraujoch and end the day in Interlaken. Any advice?

Thanks!

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,937 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Berner Oberland in mid-November???

>For first day, we will explore Gimmelwald and Lauterbrunnen valley area visiting Staubbach waterfall and enjoy jungfraujoch scenery. For second day, we will ascend to Jungfraujoch and end the day in Interlaken. Any advice?

Yes.

Don't.

Most probably you will end up in a wet cold fog blanket.

You seem not to realise thet there is a very good reason why November is THE low season. Although last year the early november was glorious, it is an exception rather than a rule. But maybe you are lucky.

2. Re: Berner Oberland in mid-November???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 21:17