We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First to Bachalpsee - how long really?

New Westminster...
Level Contributor
568 posts
267 reviews
Save Topic
First to Bachalpsee - how long really?

Of course people walk at different rates, but in checking out the walk from First to Bachalpsee and back I am seeing walk times ranging from 40 to 90 minutes each way! It's hard to plan around that.

We're 60+ but pretty good walkers. Our usual pace that makes Google's city-street estimates fairly accurate. I'll stop for photos but let's leave that part out for now. And we would NOT walk around the lake(s).

How long really?

Lucerne, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First to Bachalpsee - how long really?

I would say allow an hour up, 45 minutes down not including stops, assuming your usual walking includes uphill stretches.

New Westminster...
Level Contributor
568 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First to Bachalpsee - how long really?

That's good to know, thanks.

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
2,875 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First to Bachalpsee - how long really?

The start of the walk is quite uphill - but don't worry as most of the track is very easy. It took me less than an hour each way and I am not a fast walker. I was very pleased to find a toilet at the lake!

4. Re: First to Bachalpsee - how long really?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Bernese Oberland