Dear TripAdvisor experts!
I'm seeking you help as I try to play a long weekend in adelboden in the second week of may. We have just three days but want to make the most of things. We suddenly found out a week ago that most of the attractions/hotels etc will be closed for the month - not something we realised when we planned to go out, as we are staying in a friends apartment.!
I wonder if you kind folk could help us make the most of this trip by advising on what is open and ideal to do. We will have a car so getting around is not a problem, but we don't want to be travelling all the time.
We would like to try the following:
1) Go up the mountains in a cable car! Is the schilthorn the nearest and only one open at this time?
2) Perhaps go skiing one day - forgive my ignorance here but will there be any runs still open and with snow at this time in adelboden?
3) Eat some nice local food! Are there nice restaurants open in adelboden? or in the area or on mountain side walks?
4) Visit a spa. The two in adelboden are closed. Are there any that aren't miles away which would be open?
5) visit interlaken. Will anything be open/running there?
6) Perhaps hire bikes but again, don't know if anywhere will be open for this.
7) Go hiking in the mountains. Is there a good basic/medium route to take in adelboden which might include an open cafe?
Probably other things which we haven't thought of - please do suggest!
Any help much appreciated.