We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days in Grindelwald

1 post
2 days in Grindelwald

my family is headed to Grindelwald next month, we don't ski or anything, just sight seeing. our 4 year old will be traveling with us. we plan on staying in Grindelwald for 2 nights. and i wanted to Explore Lauterbrunnen, first mountain. what kind of pass should i get and cost? i was thinking about getting hiking and sledding pass, where else can i go with that?

2 replies to this topic
Canton of Valais...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
43,149 posts
201 reviews
1. Re: 2 days in Grindelwald

First - I hope you have your hotel booked? February is high season in all the mountain resorts.

Second - your 4 year old doesn't need any pass or ticket. S/he is free wherever you go. But the cost of the Hiking/Sledding pass is 111frs per adult for two days. Good value IF you plan to be on the go all the time. If not then paying for each lift separately might be a better option (and for sledding you can find something near the village where you can just walk up a hill and then sled down).

A more basic question is how are you going to get to and from Grindelwald? If you are taking the train then, given your plans in Grindelwald a Half Fare card might be a good option to look at.

Edited: 12 January 2018, 22:40
England, United...
Level Contributor
3,512 posts
182 reviews
2. Re: 2 days in Grindelwald

I would skip Lauterbrunnen. It’s not somewhere to visit really, there’s nothing for you there in winter. First is a good idea and perhaps on the other day go up to Kleine Scheidegg, stopping at Brandegg for a play on the way up. You might complete the trip by catching the train down to Wengen then coming back over the top of Mannlichen by cable car and gondola. Good playground in Wengen, below the railway. By a bum board which is very light to carry and that gives loads of sliding opportunities.

Edited: 18 January 2018, 21:51
Reply to: 2 days in Grindelwald
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Grindelwald