We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to do in Grindlewald?

Which Grindelwald hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Essex
Level Contributor
157 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
what to do in Grindlewald?

Hi, we are going to Grindlewald on 22nd October for 5 days with our 2 kids aged 3 and 5. It is my first trip to Switzerland and I am a bit apprehensive as I am not sure what to expect. Can anyone enlighten me what we can expect to see and do during the day? Apres ski activities (not that we will be skiing) or mountain rides etc. Also, what can I expect the weather to be like? Thanks all

UK
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: what to do in Grindlewald?

Hi, Grindelwald is a lovely large village and there is normally plenty to do with two young children. Obviously this will depend on the weather at the time you are travelling there, which can vary quite a lot at this time of year from warm and sunny to being rainy or even snow. Be prepared for anything. You can also check Meteo Schweiz for weather forecast.

There is a sports centre with swimming pool and indoor activities, outdoor mini golf. Several cable cars operate from Grindelwald up to the mountain tops. If you ask at your hotel or the tourist information office they will have details of activity programmes for children

Check out the Grindelwald Tourist website www.grindelwald.com.

Have a great time.

2. Re: what to do in Grindlewald?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 03:19