We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog Sledding & Husky Breeding Centre

Which Grindelwald hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
spore
5 posts
Save Topic
Dog Sledding & Husky Breeding Centre

Hi Tripadvisor Experts, I will be heading to Grindelwald from 22 Jan to 24 Jan. I would like to try dog sledding but have sadly read that the ones on Jungfrau only operates during summer months. I have also read about a husky breeding centre but could not find any further info on it.

May I know if there are dog sledding tours in Grindelwald ? I read about Glacier 3000, Adelhoden and Gstaad but I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out how to get there from Grindelwald.

May I know if the husky breeding centre still exist and how do i visit it ?

Thanks! Really appreciate any insights from you.

Best regards

william

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
13,670 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dog Sledding & Husky Breeding Centre

Hi william and wellcome on the forum

There are nomore sled tours at Jungfraujoch all year round as not enough guests used the service.

There are some in other places, see

- adelboden.ch/en/…Schlittenhunde

- meinweekend.ch/erlebnis/hundeschlittenfahrt.… (this site is unfortunately not available in English.

To go to Adelboden you take a train to Frutigen and from there the bus to Adelboden. For other destinations see www.sbb.ch/en where you can find timetables and all other informations about public transport.

Have fun

pore

spore
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dog Sledding & Husky Breeding Centre

Hi Pore,

thank you so much for your reply. I have contacted the adelboden guy and going to fix a dog sledding session with him. Thanks!

Can I have some advice for this itinerary too?

I used the sbb trains website and came up with this. I'm thinking of using Bern as base to do day excursions to Lausanne (21st), Adelboden(22nd) and Grindelwald(23rd) because I realised the trains will still backtrack to Bern if I travel among these destinations.

Is it silly to use Bern as base ? I just want to reduce the number of train transfers. Are there any other better towns to stay as base for this itinerary which I do not know of ?

Any insights is greatly appreciated.

Best regards

william

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,670 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dog Sledding & Husky Breeding Centre

Hi Sim W

Berne could work. If it were for me I would choose Thun or (even better) Spiez/Aeschi as it is closer to Adelboden and Grindelwald (but a bit farer away from Lausanne).

If there is no specific reason to visit Lausanne I would prefer to visit Montreux, home of the famous Chillon castle, via the scenic Goldenpass line (on www.sbb.ch/en input from Spiez/Berne to Montreux via Gstaad). For more information about Montreux see www.montreux-vevey.com and the Top Questions about Montreux (TA Montreux forum).

Have a great trip

pore

spore
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dog Sledding & Husky Breeding Centre

Hi Pore, thank you so much! You are spot on. I actually intend to visit Montreux and found that trains will have to pass through Lausanne. That's why I put down Lausanne.

I would explore using Thun or Spiez/Aeschi as base. I'm feeling upbeat about Spiez since it'll be closer to Adelboden and Grindelwald and now Montreux.

You really helped me to streamline my itinerary with routes that I didn't know of. Thanks a million!

With lots of appreciation and gratitude,

william

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,670 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dog Sledding & Husky Breeding Centre

Hi William

Great to know that it helped.

Just to make it a bit clearer:

Aeschi is a little village above Spiez with wonderfull views down on the lake. There is a bus connection between the Spiez railway station and Aeschi.

Spiez has the advantage to be directly along the railway tracks. It is a major station for the local trains.

pore

6. Re: Dog Sledding & Husky Breeding Centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 08:17