We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jungfrau

Which Grindelwald hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow
Level Contributor
212 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Jungfrau

Staying in Derby Hotel, which I know is next to train station. What is the easiest way to travel to top of Jungfrau? I believe we have bought an appropriate Rail Pass for this area as well.

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
Level Contributor
3,928 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jungfrau

The only way to get there is to take the train from Grindelwald Grund station up to Kleine Scheidegg where you change trains for the ride to top. On your way down you have the option of coming down through Wengen from Kleine Scheidegg and taking the valley trains back to Grindelwald.

Wimborne, United...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
5,479 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jungfrau

>What is the easiest way to travel to top of Jungfrau?

Take the train. Here is a link to the timetable.

jungfrau.ch/en/…

> I believe we have bought an appropriate Rail Pass for this area as well.

Cannot comment without knowing which pass.

Heswall, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jungfrau

Hotel Derby is on the train station at Grindelwald from here the train goes to Grindelwald Grund and up to Kleine Scheidegg, where you change trains to Jungfrau. Be quick at the change of trains as the seats go quickly and some people have to stand.

Bingley, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Jungfrau

Hi,

Re your trip to Jungfraujoch, you can walk 10 steps out of the Derby back door and catch the train on the nearest track to you, usually 17 mins & 47 mins after the hour. Sit facing backwards.

This will take you firstly down to Grund station, a 4 min ride. Stay on the train which will pull back out & you will be facing in the forward direction.

Stay on the train for 28 mins until Kleine Scheidegg station. You will receive train tannoy instructions to change trains here.

You must walk around the restaurant building towards the Eiger North face where you will see the track to Jungfraujoch.

It will be very simple and apparent when you are there. Don't worry!

Andy

Glasgow
Level Contributor
212 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jungfrau

Thanks Andy & everyone else.

Just back from an amazing holiday. Andy, your directions were exactly correct. Swiss trains are so punctual, clean and quiet. Had a super holiday. Hotel Derby was ideal - 4 minutes from bedroom on to the train was our record!

malta
Level Contributor
79 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jungfrau

Visiting jungfrau for one day with my wife and 3yr old child,end of Sept. I'm driving from my hotel in Hasliberg to Grindelwald or Lauterbrunnen. Than I catch the train. Any hints about what is the best way I plan my day please? Its my first time on a mountain,I'm from Malta and we dont have. Thank you

7. Re: Jungfrau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2014, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Grindelwald