We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lucern to Grindelwald-train-route-Swiss Pass??

florida
Level Contributor
812 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Lucern to Grindelwald-train-route-Swiss Pass??

Hi TA Friends,

We have a Swiss Pass for 8 consecutive days and reservations in various parts of Switzerland and very excited.

On one day we will be traveling from Lucern to Grindelwald where we are staying for 3 nights.

Do we "buy" a ticket (using our pass)directly to Grindelwald (knowing we have to change trains) and that count as one day on Swiss Pass? Looks like we go to Interlaken and then directly to Grindelwald??? The one day "charge" to our pass will cover all? A little confused-thanks for your help!

Casa

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
54,107 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lucern to Grindelwald-train-route-Swiss Pass??

Hi Casa,

You never buy tickets for routes the Swiss Pass covers. So yes you can travel Luzern-Interlaken-Grindelwald on it and that's covered.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

florida
Level Contributor
812 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lucern to Grindelwald-train-route-Swiss Pass??

That is what I put buy in "". But I'm still missing something-do we just get on train we want and then show pass? I know we validate first time we use but then what?

Sorry-unfortunately we do not have train systems like yours! Appreciate the help!

Haverhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lucern to Grindelwald-train-route-Swiss Pass??

You just board the train and take a seat and show the ticket when the inspector comes around.

florida
Level Contributor
812 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lucern to Grindelwald-train-route-Swiss Pass??

Yea! That easy! Thanks so much! I wish we had the train travel you do!,

5. Re: Lucern to Grindelwald-train-route-Swiss Pass??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 22:17
Get answers to your questions about Grindelwald